PAPER I - WRITING
Time Allowed: 1 hour 30 minutes Maximum Marks: 60
This paper has two sections and candidates answer on a separate answer sheet.
SECTION I: DIRECT WRITING (30 marks)
- Candidates are presented with a task, e.g., write a letter, speech, report, article, fit for purpose and relevant to the world of study, work or the community.
- Candidates should write 200-300 word to inform or persuade a particular audience.
- 15 marks are allocated for task fulfillment and 15 marks for language.
- This is an essay, testing language and content combined.
- Candidates answer one question from a choice of five narrative/descriptive/argumentative essay titles and should write 350-500 words.